Monday, March 28, 2011

Will Ng and Gerald Lee....younger days in Marudi

Dark clouds are looming in the sky promising a heavy downpour. I decided that this is omen enough to abandon the home repairs project I had started on and seek shelter within. In other words, procrastination once again wins the day.


I ease into my easychair in front of my PC and start browsing facebook. Lo and behold I see a posting by a friend who used to be a pupil in the Marudi Government Secondary English School. There among the dozen or so of black and white photos, stands out two which attracts me most.


I am pleased to show them below and hope that the school will not seek legal retribution against me for posting them without permission. Anyway they were in facebook and is accessible to all.



I like the white stockings ...and sandals. Reminds me of Boys Scout days.











You will have to get in touch with William and Gerald to find out when these photos were taken and maybe even get interesting stories from them about those days.

By the way, strong winds came and blew those threatening clouds away. It is bright and shiny now but I'm way too comfortable to want to resume chores.

3 comments:

  1. Please excuse the several grammatical and spelling mistakes ! And do you guys remember Mrs. Malaprop ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a character in one of our Literature Text Book entitled "The Rivals". She was always using the wrong words in her English...hence Malapropism which I am quite guilty of !

    ReplyDelete